What I learned from 4 days of Shaking my Ass at Unleash the Power Within

 
IMG_0914.JPG
It is in the moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
— Tony Robbins
IMG_0916.JPG

I’d been looking forward to the event for months - 4 days in a stadium filled with people from all over the world that had to be just as crazy as I was - or at least had to share my love for Tony Robbins! 

2 days of going all-out with Tony and 2 days with this other guy, Joseph McCLendon III. I was a little apprehensive about this Joseph fellow, but I figured if TR trusts him, I’ll give him a chance.

IMG_0959.JPG

Let me tell you, it was 4 days of LIFE-CHANGING, RESULTS ORIENTED, CRAZY FUN GROWTH!! I don’t know if I’ve ever been so exhausted in my life, but it was sooooooo worth it. 

If you’ve ever thought about attending something like this, my advice is to GO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! 

Now, I’m not going to try to regurgitate every detail, but I will tell you some of my own personal biggest takeaways for where I was in my journey. My hope is that my experience will inspire you to take action towards your own dreams and goals you’ve maybe been putting off! 

Philosophical Takeaways: 

  1. “The difference between peak performance and poor performance is not intelligence or ability; most often it's the state that your mind and body are in.” - Tony Robbins

Tony taught the invaluable importance of operating in a peak state and throughout the 4 days we were always getting ourselves back into state. I learned the importance of PRIMING for success daily and this has become one of the most integral parts of my life since UPW. It’s amazing that I went through life for so long thinking that the way we feel dictates what we do rather than what we do dictating the way we feel! It was definitely one of those ‘Aha’ moments for me, and since I’ve been home it’s drastically changed how I approach life. 

  1. “When it seems impossible, when it seems like nothing is going to work, you're usually just 2 millimeters away from making it happen.” – Tony Robbins

This lesson was taught so powerfully from Tony at UPW and I remind myself daily that success in any area of life is usually just a 2mm shift away! 

  1. “Shake that ass!” - Joseph McClendon III

There is a common theme at UPW and that is to always SHAKE THAT ASS! Meaning, enjoy life, celebrate your successes, have fun and LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!! As I shared earlier, Joseph McClendon III is one of Tony's dearest friends and the man he chose to help us get our ass shaking under way! He brought such a fun vibe to the event that balanced Tony's intensity perfectly. I honestly felt I got just as much out of the days Joseph was with us as I did on the days Tony was there! 

 

Tactical Takeaways: 

  1. Prime Daily - Tony has a great Priming Video on Youtube and I’ve included the link here
  2. Exercise for at least 20 minutes EVERY SINGLE DAY and ENJOY IT! - Stop making exercise more difficult than it needs to be. Just MOVE every day!!
  3. Eat WHOLE, LIVE FOODS 90% of the time - the other 10% I’m free to zig and zag! 

 

These are just a small few of the lessons I learned at UPW! I can assure you that I’ll be a TR fan for life and can’t wait for my next experience with the Tony Robbins Family! Hope to see you there!!!